iBookG4user
Apr 29, 06:11 AM
Just started folding, only running it on one computer right now though. It's running on my 2.66GHz 12 core Mac Pro. Every little bit helps though, right? :)
likemyorbs
Apr 6, 07:17 PM
Frankly I think that looks like there's a pro-Jewish bias in US culture - and I'm not even looking at the military aid etc. etc.
These threads are so funny sometimes, because if i said there was a pro-Muslim bias in the UK, everyone would jump on me.
If I went on a protest saying that the Jews had to leave Israel and go back to Europe I'd be lynched.
Yes, you would. Because the Jews were almost wiped out by a genocide in Europe, hence the reason the UN gave them Israel. Excuse the jews for not feeling so safe in europe after the 1940's. Although they should probably go back to europe for their own well being nowadays, much nicer there. Wouldn't have to worry about suicide bombers so much anymore, and give Israel back to the Muslims so they can turn it back to the wasteland it was before the Jews got there. And it would help offset the muslim insurgence in europe a bit. I mean jeez, first the europeans want to get rid of the jews, now they want them back, make up your mind europe! And then you wonder why they created israel...
Oh, and PS.
Israel isn't going anywhere. It will stay as it is now, right or wrong, all the palestinian lands will become israel at some point. And i must say, them jews made a hell of a beautiful country for themselves. It will end just like america ended up when we took all the land away from the natives. Sure, it wasn't right at the time, but worth it in the end. Palestinians will eventually just be Israeli citizens, which would only be the right thing to do.
These threads are so funny sometimes, because if i said there was a pro-Muslim bias in the UK, everyone would jump on me.
If I went on a protest saying that the Jews had to leave Israel and go back to Europe I'd be lynched.
Yes, you would. Because the Jews were almost wiped out by a genocide in Europe, hence the reason the UN gave them Israel. Excuse the jews for not feeling so safe in europe after the 1940's. Although they should probably go back to europe for their own well being nowadays, much nicer there. Wouldn't have to worry about suicide bombers so much anymore, and give Israel back to the Muslims so they can turn it back to the wasteland it was before the Jews got there. And it would help offset the muslim insurgence in europe a bit. I mean jeez, first the europeans want to get rid of the jews, now they want them back, make up your mind europe! And then you wonder why they created israel...
Oh, and PS.
Israel isn't going anywhere. It will stay as it is now, right or wrong, all the palestinian lands will become israel at some point. And i must say, them jews made a hell of a beautiful country for themselves. It will end just like america ended up when we took all the land away from the natives. Sure, it wasn't right at the time, but worth it in the end. Palestinians will eventually just be Israeli citizens, which would only be the right thing to do.
goobot
Dec 7, 03:46 PM
Wait so, how are we supposed to report No Coverage in an area with, well, no coverage?
lets see it stores it or wifi? or if you experiencing cellular not data it will still work?
lets see it stores it or wifi? or if you experiencing cellular not data it will still work?
pmz
Dec 7, 10:54 AM
I suppose I'm being too cynical, but part of me suspects that AT&T has only created this app to reduce the amount of time their reps spend listing to complaints about dropped calls. I know I've spent a lot of time on the phone with them over the last year. While they're always very cordial and say things like they are "sending out crews to look at towers", etc, nothing changes. In fact, where I live (about an hour south of NYC) things have gotten far worse - not better.
Hmm. I Live an hour south of NYC too, and my service couldn't be better. It has only gotten progressively better over the last two years.
So what's wrong with you? Or your iPhone?
Hmm. I Live an hour south of NYC too, and my service couldn't be better. It has only gotten progressively better over the last two years.
So what's wrong with you? Or your iPhone?
Mudbug
Aug 17, 02:41 PM
So apparently Mr. Beeks has a new person on his list to avoid at the Christmas party. It'll be interesting to see Apple's response to this, if there is one.
tadunne
Nov 14, 12:47 PM
I've just got home and install the update, does not look like it's fixed the core duo bug.. oh well no biggy..
I would expect the imac to run cooler than the macbook as the imac's fans can afford to be running at a higher speed and the heats sync is bigger..
Also the Core 2 machines shouldn't have this bug and are meant to run cooler anyway.. so..
back to smcFanControl to get me temp readings..
I would expect the imac to run cooler than the macbook as the imac's fans can afford to be running at a higher speed and the heats sync is bigger..
Also the Core 2 machines shouldn't have this bug and are meant to run cooler anyway.. so..
back to smcFanControl to get me temp readings..
coolfactor
Jul 15, 06:58 PM
think ill email him about why both mine and my mums imacs are showing the beach ball of death every day!!!:mad::mad:
there almost unusable!
I think someone needs to learn some basic maintenance procedures, and also how to report issues to the software developers involved. This discussion belongs in a different thread, but if you want some personal assistance, please PM me and we'll talk.
there almost unusable!
I think someone needs to learn some basic maintenance procedures, and also how to report issues to the software developers involved. This discussion belongs in a different thread, but if you want some personal assistance, please PM me and we'll talk.
withnail
Oct 28, 12:24 PM
Now, instead of Oct. 31, Amazon states that they will be "In stock soon." And if you click on the "used & new" link, you seemingly get more detail that they won't be released until the end of the year:
http://joe.glasselevator.net/poddate.png
http://joe.glasselevator.net/poddate.png

ezekielrage_99
Sep 5, 10:06 PM
Welcome to Macrumors, it is like this all the time. Some weeks are worse then others. You just get used to it!
I know it's like this but I really do believe there is no iPhone, still it is fun to spur on the stupid and ignorant, that's what I come here for ;)
I think it's more of the fact people want it so badly that they are willing believe anything to support their beliefs.
Even bigfoot, the loch ness monster and UFOs left photos, the iPhone has shown off absolutely nothing for nearly 12 months worth of rumors, therefore no iPhone.
I can see it now..... iPhoney, Tricked Different
I know it's like this but I really do believe there is no iPhone, still it is fun to spur on the stupid and ignorant, that's what I come here for ;)
I think it's more of the fact people want it so badly that they are willing believe anything to support their beliefs.
Even bigfoot, the loch ness monster and UFOs left photos, the iPhone has shown off absolutely nothing for nearly 12 months worth of rumors, therefore no iPhone.
I can see it now..... iPhoney, Tricked Different
alep85
Jul 12, 05:35 PM
Guess what - now a bunch of people who were going to buy this won't buy anything and just wait. Great. You're so obsessed with calling it stealing - HEY - guess what - Apple still makes money off of it and last time I checked making $ is better than not making $. We even see legitimate edu customers getting shafted by this. One poor guy's g/f is now stuck with an e-machine. Yeah that's just wonderful. Is it stealing if you go to Amazon.com and get the $100 discount on the MacBook? That's all it is - a $100 discount (historically speaking) and apple is, in fact, in the business of 1 - Making $ and 2- Increasing user-base (which results in making money). Hurry hurry, quick quick. Grab a calculator. What is greater. 10%*899*1000(just a guess as to how many purchases would be made by people who otherwise aren't going to get a Mac) or 0*0*0. That's right - if you sell things at any profit margin to people who otherwise wouldn't buy anything you are still doing better!!!!!!!!!! Get an economic brain in your head - or better yet - grab some common sense and get off your high horse.
I agree with you in a lot of ways.....being a business major, I understand the need for margin on a product....HOWEVER, Apple should first be interested in gaining MARKET SHARE. With this little $899 baby, Apple had a chance to really market a one-size-fits-all solution for many families. For instance, I work at Best Buy in computer sales and I see NO NEED for anything past Intel Integrated Graphics on the computers we sell to 75-80 percent of the people that come in a purchase a computer. The educational iMac would have been PERFECT for the masses, a computer that's more than capable for what most people want to do with it, with the capability for a little bit of gaming as well. Anyone who needs more can get the one with the graphics card.
I agree with the fact that margin has to be made, but there comes a time when you have to gain market share. Once you've done that and the volume of business you are doing is much greater than before (and your competitors are in the dust, much like I would like Dell and Windows to be), you can increase your margin and please the shareholders....
My two cents, Apple messed up on this one, hopefully we see that iMac configuration or a similar model on the market soon...
I agree with you in a lot of ways.....being a business major, I understand the need for margin on a product....HOWEVER, Apple should first be interested in gaining MARKET SHARE. With this little $899 baby, Apple had a chance to really market a one-size-fits-all solution for many families. For instance, I work at Best Buy in computer sales and I see NO NEED for anything past Intel Integrated Graphics on the computers we sell to 75-80 percent of the people that come in a purchase a computer. The educational iMac would have been PERFECT for the masses, a computer that's more than capable for what most people want to do with it, with the capability for a little bit of gaming as well. Anyone who needs more can get the one with the graphics card.
I agree with the fact that margin has to be made, but there comes a time when you have to gain market share. Once you've done that and the volume of business you are doing is much greater than before (and your competitors are in the dust, much like I would like Dell and Windows to be), you can increase your margin and please the shareholders....
My two cents, Apple messed up on this one, hopefully we see that iMac configuration or a similar model on the market soon...
GatorsFan
Jun 11, 05:07 PM
Looks like I'll be making a stop at the AT&T store before work on the 24th. It's stupid that they are prohibiting employees from buying it when we won't get the phones till that morning anyway, and its not like Best Buy loses money off employees since I have to pay the exact same as everyone else.
Whatever
Isn't Best Buy participating in the pre-ordering program on June 15th? Apple Stores are, as is AT&T. At both places, the phones will be ready for pickup on the 24th ---AT&T promises front-of-the-line, no waiting for pre-ordering customers. Of course, you have to pay for it when you order it, but. . .
Whatever
Isn't Best Buy participating in the pre-ordering program on June 15th? Apple Stores are, as is AT&T. At both places, the phones will be ready for pickup on the 24th ---AT&T promises front-of-the-line, no waiting for pre-ordering customers. Of course, you have to pay for it when you order it, but. . .
MacFly123
Oct 5, 01:12 AM
I swear to God, I hope iDVD isn't gone completely but more integrated into iMovie or something along those lines. iDVD is one of my favorite applications in the iLife suite. :mad:
The 64-bit rewrite thing is pretty awesome though. Hopefully iTunes will be a part of that (doubt it though).
NO WAY iTunes will be part of the 64-bit rewrite if it happens to iLife. That would have happened with iTunes 10 if it was going to happen!
Agreed. The transition to 64-bit is long overdue and iDVD is a great application.

meat dress designer,
The 64-bit rewrite thing is pretty awesome though. Hopefully iTunes will be a part of that (doubt it though).
NO WAY iTunes will be part of the 64-bit rewrite if it happens to iLife. That would have happened with iTunes 10 if it was going to happen!
Agreed. The transition to 64-bit is long overdue and iDVD is a great application.
MacHamster68
Mar 24, 12:46 PM
as money is a big issue here i would suggest the dual processor 2.3 as its well known the most reliable of all , dont ask why ,as i have no clue why , but it still will score 1966 @geekbench according every mac.com which is still a lot more then your current 502 score of you G4 867 (dont sell the G4 its always handy to have a backup computer ) and just ~400points behind my intel core duo iMac ,

Ellennov , meat dress on an

Lady Gaga Meat Dress Peta

lady gaga meat dress

lady gaga meat dress real

Lady+gaga+meat+dress+shoes

Lady+gaga+meat+dress+photo
gilkisson
Jun 18, 07:12 AM
Your wish is granted. Has been for a long time...
http://www.liacs.nl/CS/DLT/Stuff/pix/maxHeadroom.jpg
http://www.liacs.nl/CS/DLT/Stuff/pix/maxHeadroom.jpg
baryon
Apr 11, 05:45 PM
Combine this with 3D glasses technology, and you will have everything to simulate real life 3D: seeing an object from two different angles at once + being able to change your viewing angle by just moving your head! This will probably look very cool but I think this head tracking 3D stuff is enough for most things now.
mlmathews
May 4, 01:14 PM
It's easier for them to do whole copies of the OS every time because people could go from iPhone OS 2.0 to iOS 4.3.3 if need be without having to patch to every subsequent release. It also cuts down on the risk of corruption.
I'd call it lazy instead of easier. They could easily detect the current version installed and download the approriate patch, or fall back to the whole OS if it's not the most recent update.
I'd call it lazy instead of easier. They could easily detect the current version installed and download the approriate patch, or fall back to the whole OS if it's not the most recent update.
bdj21ya
Oct 18, 02:58 PM
My thougth is that the Apple intro will take the wind out of the Zune's press releases. So, how about 6G iPod introduction date = Zune Intro date + 7 days.
Anyone?:p
7 days would be a strange amount of time to wait. Zune is released on the 14th of November. 7 days later, it will have already gotten all the press it's going to get. Releasing the day before, the same day, or even a day after would make a lot more sense. 14th is a Tuesday, so I say the same day, if at all (I think it's more likely we'll see it next year).
Anyone?:p
7 days would be a strange amount of time to wait. Zune is released on the 14th of November. 7 days later, it will have already gotten all the press it's going to get. Releasing the day before, the same day, or even a day after would make a lot more sense. 14th is a Tuesday, so I say the same day, if at all (I think it's more likely we'll see it next year).
cyberrob
Sep 12, 11:02 AM
just can't you wait another hour for the stream
i'm so excited...
:cool:
i'm so excited...
:cool:
InteriorDEV
Mar 6, 06:39 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/bildschirmfotou9k8.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=bildschirmfotou9k8.jpg)
Kudos for your choice of music ;)
On topic: here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/EfeHt.jpg
Kudos for your choice of music ;)
On topic: here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/EfeHt.jpg
Agathon
Sep 12, 11:10 AM
For some reason, one of the four ads at the bottom of the main Apple page is missing when I go there.
FroColin
Apr 18, 09:38 PM
I see a big downside to Apple's decision to build FCP on iMovie's foundation. Apple will be getting tons of FCP feature requests from former iMovie users, asking for things that are easy to use and more automatic, and many high-end things that pros want to be added will take longer to implement because of it. There are lots of things in FCPX that are clearly geared toward the iMovie upgrader who is used to things being drop-dead simple- and yes, they can be turned off, but the time that Apple spent developing them is time they could have spent focusing on high-end pro stuff.
This is exactly what I was afraid of when I first was reading about Final Cut Pro X but then I thought about it some and I actually now tend to disagree. Yes it's a bit annoying that everyone and their dog can now have a professional video editing package (Or I guess just a piece of software now, not a package) and think they are awesome cause they know how to use it and will force us all to watch movies of their baby doing... nothing, in HD. But that aside I don't really see many down sides (thus far) to the new Final Cut. I don't think that Apple will be spending tons of time that they would otherwise be spending building shake or something, adding features that make Final Cut easy to use for two reasons. First is that most programs are easy to use if your not doing much with them. So I doubt that Apple will be spending TONS of time doing it, I mean imagine you just switched from iMovie, certainly there will be people whining to apple that FCP is more complex then iMovie but really it won't be a ton. The second is that if Apple doesn't make much money on it, they won't spend much time on it. So any time spent adding to their user base by making features that are easy to use would not be spent working on motion or something it would be spent working on iPods or... Whatever. Apple is a company and people sometimes forget that. Apple will do whatever it thinks will make the most money. Time spent on Final Cut will only continue to be spent on final cut as long as final cut is profitable. People are very exited about this price cut. I am not, because now Apple has to sell way more of them to keep it as profitable, thus time will be spent making features that will draw people in or it will be spent on other things entirely.
This is exactly what I was afraid of when I first was reading about Final Cut Pro X but then I thought about it some and I actually now tend to disagree. Yes it's a bit annoying that everyone and their dog can now have a professional video editing package (Or I guess just a piece of software now, not a package) and think they are awesome cause they know how to use it and will force us all to watch movies of their baby doing... nothing, in HD. But that aside I don't really see many down sides (thus far) to the new Final Cut. I don't think that Apple will be spending tons of time that they would otherwise be spending building shake or something, adding features that make Final Cut easy to use for two reasons. First is that most programs are easy to use if your not doing much with them. So I doubt that Apple will be spending TONS of time doing it, I mean imagine you just switched from iMovie, certainly there will be people whining to apple that FCP is more complex then iMovie but really it won't be a ton. The second is that if Apple doesn't make much money on it, they won't spend much time on it. So any time spent adding to their user base by making features that are easy to use would not be spent working on motion or something it would be spent working on iPods or... Whatever. Apple is a company and people sometimes forget that. Apple will do whatever it thinks will make the most money. Time spent on Final Cut will only continue to be spent on final cut as long as final cut is profitable. People are very exited about this price cut. I am not, because now Apple has to sell way more of them to keep it as profitable, thus time will be spent making features that will draw people in or it will be spent on other things entirely.
macdouche
Apr 26, 12:50 PM
He couldn't wait to get home to take the picture? Seriously. Put the stuff down and drive. He deserves a ticket.
Relax dude, he's in the parking lot. Are we looking at the same picture :P
Relax dude, he's in the parking lot. Are we looking at the same picture :P
WelshDog
Nov 13, 11:50 PM
We were pulling into a parking space at Z Tejas on 6th St in Austin and as I was approaching the curb this guy walking on the sidewalk sort moved towards us like he was going to step off the curb. He had just recognized some friends of his and was greeting them and I guess didn't notice our car (it's quiet). I had to stop and wait for him to move out of the way. I turned to my wife and said "If my foot had slipped I would have run over the guy from Ed!" It was Justin Long.
He is very, very skinny BTW. The pant legs of his jeans were the size of shirt sleeves. I was that skinny once - when I was a fetus.:D
He is very, very skinny BTW. The pant legs of his jeans were the size of shirt sleeves. I was that skinny once - when I was a fetus.:D
tripjammer
Apr 5, 09:15 AM
The Iphone 5 will come this summer. A new Iphone always does. Fall is for Ipods. Spring is for Ipads. There is enough space for apple do it all.