slackintosh
Jul 30, 09:53 PM
As the previous post states, the typeface of that add should have caught anyone, apple undertook a subtle identity change around the time it introduced G4 ibooks, most significant was a change in typeface.....
I think the rumour is nothing but a rumour, wasn't it a similar mysterious source who mentioned to a gas station attendant the pending arrival of 42" Plasmas or some $#!+???
I think the rumour is nothing but a rumour, wasn't it a similar mysterious source who mentioned to a gas station attendant the pending arrival of 42" Plasmas or some $#!+???
%2525252525252520(2011).jpg)
nitynate
Sep 11, 05:27 AM
:rolleyes:
Well, my generation, we dont need wheel barrows!
We get 10MB/s connections.
Aye.
Well, my generation, we dont need wheel barrows!
We get 10MB/s connections.
Aye.
professor08
Apr 20, 05:07 AM
If you can have a bigger screen without a physically larger device size and weight, then yes, it is necessarily better.
I dont agree. A 4" screen would be larger real estate, but that would mean developers would have to rewrite their apps to fit the new size. For example, the iPad has an obviously larger screen space, which means that developers had to scale their software up to match, because lets face it, the 2x button just makes things look like pixels and thats just awful, this is not SNES system.
But the iPad has similar dimensions and screen ratio. But a 4" display would makes things look stretched, so developers would have to code each app to fit the new stretched screen. This would also be quite annoying on the app store, looking for apps which work on 3g, 3gs, i4 and i5 and iPad and iPad 2. It would just become a nuisance to download an app to see its stretched on older phones. this wouldn't be a good move by apple just yet. Apple like to care for older tech users, the 3g and 3gs users, and this larger screen would make apps not run as smoothly.
I dont agree. A 4" screen would be larger real estate, but that would mean developers would have to rewrite their apps to fit the new size. For example, the iPad has an obviously larger screen space, which means that developers had to scale their software up to match, because lets face it, the 2x button just makes things look like pixels and thats just awful, this is not SNES system.
But the iPad has similar dimensions and screen ratio. But a 4" display would makes things look stretched, so developers would have to code each app to fit the new stretched screen. This would also be quite annoying on the app store, looking for apps which work on 3g, 3gs, i4 and i5 and iPad and iPad 2. It would just become a nuisance to download an app to see its stretched on older phones. this wouldn't be a good move by apple just yet. Apple like to care for older tech users, the 3g and 3gs users, and this larger screen would make apps not run as smoothly.
Multimedia
Aug 7, 09:38 PM
I'd watch that last sentence... Airport was NOT an option you could add on LATER with the PowerMac G5's. Are you sure about that statement?Yes it was and still is. I'm 100% Certain. You can put it in in about 2 minutes. Nothing to it. :) You're probably thinking of Bluetooth which is not user installable which is why I recommend it since it's only $29 extra. Will be a resale feature.

RollTide
Apr 21, 04:43 PM
What is this "Mac" they speak of. :p
Abstract
May 2, 10:30 PM
$1.38 per litre for gas sounds cheaper ... Gas pricing may be the reason the US adopts the metric system
And people sound less obese when stating their weight in kilograms. ;)
People buy crack in grams, no? If they can get it, so can others.
And people sound less obese when stating their weight in kilograms. ;)
People buy crack in grams, no? If they can get it, so can others.
darrens
Aug 4, 08:03 AM
Do you guys think we'll be able to buy merom replacement motherboards for MBP?
Apple has never done this for notebooks. Apple used to do it for desktops - I remember when they had PPC upgrade boards for the Quadras. They weren't really upgrade boards - they were refurb machines without hard drives or memory - just swapped them over.
Yes - I'm getting old - actually used to work at an Apple Service Centre at that point.
Apple has never done this for notebooks. Apple used to do it for desktops - I remember when they had PPC upgrade boards for the Quadras. They weren't really upgrade boards - they were refurb machines without hard drives or memory - just swapped them over.
Yes - I'm getting old - actually used to work at an Apple Service Centre at that point.
iphone3gs16gb
Mar 28, 10:25 AM
God (Steve), if you are reading this, please say it ain't so man
obeygiant
Apr 14, 09:59 AM
I'll bet he moved on to forums where his ideas were more warmly accepted.
On the issues of taxes ... tax me more!
Sure, tax the rich more too.
But every American should be chipping in to solve the issues that we're facing.
We're all in the lifeboat. Everybody pick up a pail and start bailing.
You can always donate to the federal reserve. Don't let me stop you!
On the issues of taxes ... tax me more!
Sure, tax the rich more too.
But every American should be chipping in to solve the issues that we're facing.
We're all in the lifeboat. Everybody pick up a pail and start bailing.
You can always donate to the federal reserve. Don't let me stop you!
kavika411
Apr 14, 12:46 PM
Which is exactly what I said. But you couldn't help twisting the dagger a little bit by saying ...
Democrats - "I am in favor of increasing government taxation, and I have the opportunity to put my money where my mouth is by voluntarily paying more taxes, but I am nonetheless not going to if other people don't."
So are you, on your own, going to voluntarily give money to the government? Or do we get to lump you in with your description of Democrats?
If you'd read and quoted the last two sentences of my post, you would have realized that I'm not in favor of increasing taxes as long as so much of it is spent on three needless wars.
This sewing circle uses sarcasm time-to-time.
Democrats - "I am in favor of increasing government taxation, and I have the opportunity to put my money where my mouth is by voluntarily paying more taxes, but I am nonetheless not going to if other people don't."
So are you, on your own, going to voluntarily give money to the government? Or do we get to lump you in with your description of Democrats?
If you'd read and quoted the last two sentences of my post, you would have realized that I'm not in favor of increasing taxes as long as so much of it is spent on three needless wars.
This sewing circle uses sarcasm time-to-time.
johnqh
Mar 29, 04:41 PM
Most people here are missing the big picture. I'm pretty old and have witnessed the changes in the tech sector. Back in '01 a lot of laptops were made or at least assembled in the USA, and they were quality products, but with cheap foreign labor most global companies could not resist the couple of percent they could add to their profit margins by moving overseas. The company I worked for made laptops for a major name, but they closed the plant here to save between 3.00 and 6.00 dollars per unit, a very small percentage of the overall value. A company like Apple could easily, make and assemble products here, the profit margin on an iPhone is around 60%, but if they did that then there profit margin would only be 50%, corporate and political greed. There are companies here, that still compete, an example, American Apparel (http://americanapparel.net/), they manufacture clothing here competitively in a huge operation in California with good paying jobs and great quality. There are many others, it is all about balancing automation with traditional production, but it's impossible for anyone to compete with slave wages from companies like Foxconn.
The cost for final assembly is minor.
For example, the cost to make an iPhone may be 200 dollars. It probably costs $1 for the final assembly (or by your calculation, $7 if the assembly is done in US). However, if you manufacture all the parts in US, it will cost $1400.
The cost for final assembly is minor.
For example, the cost to make an iPhone may be 200 dollars. It probably costs $1 for the final assembly (or by your calculation, $7 if the assembly is done in US). However, if you manufacture all the parts in US, it will cost $1400.
newcronos
Apr 8, 09:07 AM
Stay classy, Steve :p
bruinsrme
Apr 9, 06:20 PM
The official Mac answer is:
That's great lol
That's great lol
Mac Fly (film)
Aug 2, 10:52 AM
Mac Pro + Cinema Display (iSight), Leopard demo, Core 2 Duo iMac & MacBook Pro. New Nano's too (more storage + bluetooth)
Long shot, iPhone + iChat 4.0 (VoiP), Mac & Windows.
Long shot, iPhone + iChat 4.0 (VoiP), Mac & Windows.
LoganT
Mar 27, 10:29 AM
There are already multiple iPads.....18 of them to be exact. Why would u think Apple would want to add to this already rediculous number. This whole idea about a iPad pro line needs to stop. It doesn't make sense. It's only 2011. Want an iPad pro.....get an AIR.
There's 18 different models of the same iPad.
An iPad Pro would have different hardware.
There's 18 different models of the same iPad.
An iPad Pro would have different hardware.
tigress666
Apr 25, 11:45 AM
The issue is more being concerned about those in abusive relationships and the like. You definitely don't want a physically abusive spouse to have access to your location information.
Wow, some one who pointed out a realistic, not paranoid theory, reason why this is not a good thing (not that I don't think some people being paranoid have a point. But I also think this scenario is a much more likely to happen reason why the info being stored on the phone unencrypted is a bad thing).
1. Apple is not tracking you until they actually make the phone send them that info.The info stays on your phone and your computer so you have control over it (well as long as it doesn't get into some one else's hands). I don't even know why this is being discussed since it's not happening.
2. I think the bigger problem is that the phone doesn't erase this info after a while and it doesn't encrypt it which makes it easier if some one takes your phone to get that info. Leaving it to issues of if people (criminals, abusive spouses, the government) steal your phone or force the info off. It makes it that much easier to them and that much more available.
Wow, some one who pointed out a realistic, not paranoid theory, reason why this is not a good thing (not that I don't think some people being paranoid have a point. But I also think this scenario is a much more likely to happen reason why the info being stored on the phone unencrypted is a bad thing).
1. Apple is not tracking you until they actually make the phone send them that info.The info stays on your phone and your computer so you have control over it (well as long as it doesn't get into some one else's hands). I don't even know why this is being discussed since it's not happening.
2. I think the bigger problem is that the phone doesn't erase this info after a while and it doesn't encrypt it which makes it easier if some one takes your phone to get that info. Leaving it to issues of if people (criminals, abusive spouses, the government) steal your phone or force the info off. It makes it that much easier to them and that much more available.
Full of Win
Apr 25, 09:23 AM
Nothing to see here...just the unabashed evilness of Apple shining through. I'm sure Apple will 'flash the wad' to the right people and make this issue go away...sad :( We are nothing more than chattel to Apple Consumer Electronics, where we are tracked and monitored like open range livestock. This is how they view us, as THEIR herd to do with as they please.
Welcome to the future guys. :mad:
Welcome to the future guys. :mad:
Mac'nCheese
Apr 9, 09:46 PM
Yeah for common ground! Our relationship just hit an inception point and I think things are looking up. :)
Nothing wrong with a fun disagreement, though! Time to hit the hay, have a good night!
Nothing wrong with a fun disagreement, though! Time to hit the hay, have a good night!
Benjy91
Mar 27, 05:56 AM
Going to be fun on my 500MB data limit.
AP_piano295
May 6, 01:43 AM
My so soon, I'm already excited to start waiting for the powerbook which will finally get an "ARM 5" processor :).
valereee
Dec 25, 03:46 AM
If mac users don't use av software, there's little motivation for anyone to supply it. If NO ONE is working on av software, then in the eventuality that we do need it, we're all starting from scratch. That's just never a good place to be if you can with minimal effort prevent it.
It's kind of like getting your flu shot in a year when the flu isn't supposed to be particularly bad. I seldom get the flu, but I go ahead and get the shot every year anyway because if no one does, there's little motivation for pharma companies to develop future flu shots. Which means in the really bad flu years, there's a shortage because only one company is making the shot.
It's kind of like getting your flu shot in a year when the flu isn't supposed to be particularly bad. I seldom get the flu, but I go ahead and get the shot every year anyway because if no one does, there's little motivation for pharma companies to develop future flu shots. Which means in the really bad flu years, there's a shortage because only one company is making the shot.
ergle2
Sep 15, 05:08 PM
The MBP already feels like its about to literally melt on my desk now, and that's with the 31W Core Duo.
What's gonna happen when they drop in a 34W C2D? That's 9.6% more wattage, means more heat.
I really think the MBPand MB are under-engineered to remove the heat from the Core Duo. I hope they re-engineer the cooling before releasing the MBP C2D. IMHO, Apple has a black eye over the heat issues with their notebooks.
TDP (Thermal Design Power) is peak output that will require dissipation. It represents a potential maximum, but it's rarely reached.
Benchmarks show Merom is about the same temp as Yonah at idle.
Early tests showed engineering test release of Merom to be slightly hotter but the production tests I've seen indicate it will actually be slightly cooler under load. It probably depends on load time.
I don't think it's a problem.
What's gonna happen when they drop in a 34W C2D? That's 9.6% more wattage, means more heat.
I really think the MBPand MB are under-engineered to remove the heat from the Core Duo. I hope they re-engineer the cooling before releasing the MBP C2D. IMHO, Apple has a black eye over the heat issues with their notebooks.
TDP (Thermal Design Power) is peak output that will require dissipation. It represents a potential maximum, but it's rarely reached.
Benchmarks show Merom is about the same temp as Yonah at idle.
Early tests showed engineering test release of Merom to be slightly hotter but the production tests I've seen indicate it will actually be slightly cooler under load. It probably depends on load time.
I don't think it's a problem.
kaneda
Aug 7, 09:07 PM
I want a new look....but nice specs...
Jelite
Mar 29, 01:37 PM
I don't trust corporate clouds, especially with a service that Sony is clearly gunning for legally.
I suggest Subsonic. It streams music from your Mac or PC to your iPhone, Android phone, or Win7 phone. It also allows you to stream from another computer via a web browser. And it's free! Own your data, create your own cloud.
http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp
This is exactly what im talking about, why pay for cloud storage when you already have all you need to make your own?
I suggest Subsonic. It streams music from your Mac or PC to your iPhone, Android phone, or Win7 phone. It also allows you to stream from another computer via a web browser. And it's free! Own your data, create your own cloud.
http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp
This is exactly what im talking about, why pay for cloud storage when you already have all you need to make your own?