thankins
Mar 30, 06:19 PM
what's this redeem code? i have applied the minor update via Software Update, but nothing happened?
You need to install an update from Software Update first. Then Restart. Then go to the Dev Center and get a redeem code. Then go to the Mac App Store, redeem a and download.
You need to install an update from Software Update first. Then Restart. Then go to the Dev Center and get a redeem code. Then go to the Mac App Store, redeem a and download.
AppleIntelRock
Sep 16, 01:27 PM
Well i just gave in an ordered my MBP15" so i would get it before uni starts and well its going to ship on monday and delivered by wednesday UK store still has 24hrs shipping on all MBP's.
Still i cant wait for it to arrive. im like a 4 year old at christmas when i get a new mac :P
congrats
Still i cant wait for it to arrive. im like a 4 year old at christmas when i get a new mac :P
congrats
Michaelgtrusa
Mar 30, 07:11 PM
Well we are getting closer.
McGiord
Apr 10, 07:07 AM
So...2 it is.
2 means that there are two answers:
1) the wrong one: any other answer
2) the right one: 2 itself
I love my Mac.
2 means that there are two answers:
1) the wrong one: any other answer
2) the right one: 2 itself
I love my Mac.
NutsNGum
Mar 29, 04:21 PM
I say, shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out!
netdog
Jul 30, 01:54 AM
Why on earth should Apple "go with" a company like Verizon or anybody else?
Just sell the phone unlocked and let anybody with GSM service pop their sim into their iPhone. Perhaps make an unlocked CDMA phone as well.
If they have it right with this phone and there is then therefor the sort of demand for it that we have seen for the iPod, the providers will be forced to offer it according to how Apple dictates (can put music on using computer, etc.), rather than disabling the phone to suit the company's marketing schemes, and the providers will offer it at a discount to attain/retain customers.
You guys seem to think that the service providers dictate what phones we use. Beyond having to be compatible with the network that we choose to use (GSM or CDMA), they don't. I haven't gotten a phone from a service provider for years as I need a phone that I can pop a sim into that is appropriate for whatever country I am in.
Just sell the phone unlocked and let anybody with GSM service pop their sim into their iPhone. Perhaps make an unlocked CDMA phone as well.
If they have it right with this phone and there is then therefor the sort of demand for it that we have seen for the iPod, the providers will be forced to offer it according to how Apple dictates (can put music on using computer, etc.), rather than disabling the phone to suit the company's marketing schemes, and the providers will offer it at a discount to attain/retain customers.
You guys seem to think that the service providers dictate what phones we use. Beyond having to be compatible with the network that we choose to use (GSM or CDMA), they don't. I haven't gotten a phone from a service provider for years as I need a phone that I can pop a sim into that is appropriate for whatever country I am in.
altecXP
Mar 30, 10:12 PM
I have to say Dev2 is much more buggy performance wise for me, but less buggy appearance wise. I also get random CPU spikes and the fans kick up to 5000rpm then slow down after a minute or two.
Chrome won't quit with out a force quit, Chromium won't launch. Safari has a bug where in order to have a file download you also need to have it listed as "preparing to download" or the speed on it drops to 12KB/s.

New Bumper Frame Case Cover

iPhone 4 Silicone Bumper Cover

Katinkas Soft Cover Bumper

Iphone 4 Bumper cover,

For Apple iPhone 4 Bumper

iPhone 4 (4th Generation) 16gb

Iphone+4+umper+covers

cover-umper-for-iphone-4-

Bumpers Cover For iPhone 4. PROTECTION FROM DINGS AND SCRATCHES YOUR iPhone IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL IN THE SKIN ACCESS SPEAKERS, CHARGER, HEADSET

Apple iPhone 4 Bumper Case

Bumper Cover for iPhone 4

black iphone 4 white umper.
Chrome won't quit with out a force quit, Chromium won't launch. Safari has a bug where in order to have a file download you also need to have it listed as "preparing to download" or the speed on it drops to 12KB/s.
bella92108
Apr 5, 02:50 PM
I would like to see a photograph of the kind of person who would use that theme. Should be good for a laugh.
Here.
Here.
kiljoy616
Apr 20, 12:42 AM
So this is more of the Snow Leopard like refresh not much changed but what a difference it made ;) I for one will be upgrading to a much faster dual core :D better video and of course an antenna that does not have the grip of death thingy.
I am sure someone will vice grip the iPhone 4S (5) to death even if they fix the problem out of obsession. :)
I am sure someone will vice grip the iPhone 4S (5) to death even if they fix the problem out of obsession. :)
nuckinfutz
May 7, 11:32 AM
OK, I'll grant you that MobileMe doesn't suck as much as I make it sound. I just don't like it and so I don't use it anymore. Fair enough.
But, I think you misunderstand how Google's ads work. They aren't indexing and storing your emails in some data bank to sell off to ad companies. They do simple pattern matching on the text in your email to figure out which ads are most relevant and then displays those to you. The ad companies don't have access to your emails and can't read them, etc. I'm not being capitalized. If I don't want the ads I can pay $50 / year, or I can take the ads for free. That's just business, I enter into that in full agreement. And I trust Google just as much (if not more) than some random schmo ISP that would give me shoddy email service and just as much privacy as Google does but without the ads.
Point taken but what kind of FOOL am I to trade my privacy to Google for a paltry $6 at any level?
Where you go, who you speak to and how you communicate is of tremendous value and I recommend that people think about actual value. We're moving from this era where the expectation should be that Cloud services at a basic level should be incorporated into the product without the vendor resorting to advertisements.
Google and Facebook have both come out with disturbing revelations about how they feel about consumer privacy. I think the beauty of the web is that no company is irreplaceable. I could continue to get email, online calendar, pictures, documents and more without Google and that's a great feeling.
But, I think you misunderstand how Google's ads work. They aren't indexing and storing your emails in some data bank to sell off to ad companies. They do simple pattern matching on the text in your email to figure out which ads are most relevant and then displays those to you. The ad companies don't have access to your emails and can't read them, etc. I'm not being capitalized. If I don't want the ads I can pay $50 / year, or I can take the ads for free. That's just business, I enter into that in full agreement. And I trust Google just as much (if not more) than some random schmo ISP that would give me shoddy email service and just as much privacy as Google does but without the ads.
Point taken but what kind of FOOL am I to trade my privacy to Google for a paltry $6 at any level?
Where you go, who you speak to and how you communicate is of tremendous value and I recommend that people think about actual value. We're moving from this era where the expectation should be that Cloud services at a basic level should be incorporated into the product without the vendor resorting to advertisements.
Google and Facebook have both come out with disturbing revelations about how they feel about consumer privacy. I think the beauty of the web is that no company is irreplaceable. I could continue to get email, online calendar, pictures, documents and more without Google and that's a great feeling.
Eidorian
Jul 21, 02:48 PM
With the more frequent processor changes/speed upgrades that goes along with switching to Intel, what is Apple going to do with all the "left overs" of old versions of products?I really hope they do a budget line for awhile. Somewhat like the iMac G3 after the G4 was launched.
Eidorian
May 6, 12:12 AM
Oh Charlie, you so silly.
Multimedia
Aug 11, 10:06 PM
This is good news for future Macbook owners. I'm interested in when the iMac will get Conroe. A friend of mine is switching from Windows and wants the iMac but is waiting for Conroe in the iMac. I only hope they go with the desktop processor in the iMac and not Merom since he's not interested in the mobile processor in his desktop.Why would they give the Macbook that but leave the iMac with the original Core Duo? Doesn't make sense. I would think all three would get it or just the Macbook Pro.Well, hopefully the iMac will be updated sooner than the portables. Conroe is out and available in quantities now where as Merom won't be as available in quantities until the end of this month.I believe there's a an entirely new iMac in the works. The current design can't handle the heat Conroe will want to throw at it. And the Kentsfield 4-core processor will want even better cooling. Currently the iMac looks like it has a G5 inside. Apple doesn't like their Macs to look the same over too long a time.
Here's the Conroe processors I hope Apple will use in the all new iMac:
Core 2 Duo E6700 - 2.67 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 20 $1699 & 23" $1999
Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2.40 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 17" $1299
In January I hope they will offer a Kentsfield 4 core option in the 20 & 23" models - cause they are bigger and can cool Kentsfield much better than in the 17" enclosure - for an additional $500-$800 - pure guessing cause I don't know Kentsfield pricing yet.
Same is true for the MacBook Pro. It needs to go Black Anodized Aluminum with an easy HD swap out capability like the MacBook which is a radical redesign of the iBook. I think that the new iMac will follow on the heels of the MacBooks intro in September as well. Might even happen in Paris same day as MacBooks - September 12. :)
I feel so strongly about that MacBook Easy Switch HD feature, that I will not buy a MacBook Pro without it and may resort to the MacBook if they don't put that capability in the Pro model. That's a Pro feature in the MacBook. Makes the MacBook sort of a MacBook Pro Jr. Also note that the next MacBook will have a much better Integrated Graphics chipset that goes with Merom that can handle 3-D very well.
Here's the Conroe processors I hope Apple will use in the all new iMac:
Core 2 Duo E6700 - 2.67 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 20 $1699 & 23" $1999
Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2.40 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 17" $1299
In January I hope they will offer a Kentsfield 4 core option in the 20 & 23" models - cause they are bigger and can cool Kentsfield much better than in the 17" enclosure - for an additional $500-$800 - pure guessing cause I don't know Kentsfield pricing yet.
Same is true for the MacBook Pro. It needs to go Black Anodized Aluminum with an easy HD swap out capability like the MacBook which is a radical redesign of the iBook. I think that the new iMac will follow on the heels of the MacBooks intro in September as well. Might even happen in Paris same day as MacBooks - September 12. :)
I feel so strongly about that MacBook Easy Switch HD feature, that I will not buy a MacBook Pro without it and may resort to the MacBook if they don't put that capability in the Pro model. That's a Pro feature in the MacBook. Makes the MacBook sort of a MacBook Pro Jr. Also note that the next MacBook will have a much better Integrated Graphics chipset that goes with Merom that can handle 3-D very well.
!� V �!
Apr 23, 09:35 PM
we wont see it in macs until mid 2012
I don't think you will see it period. There is really no reason for a Retina Display to be on any Mac. on an iOS device maybe considering reading iBooks and other text since screen real estate is at a premium along with balanced battery life. On a Mac not so, even a Mac portable. Doubling of.... haha seriously not required. ;):D
It is not cost effective considering the cost of the screen, power to run it and the GPU power to handle it all, considering :apple: Eco FootPrint goal. I do not see it happening. It is the resolution for an upcoming 32.5" ACD.
I don't think you will see it period. There is really no reason for a Retina Display to be on any Mac. on an iOS device maybe considering reading iBooks and other text since screen real estate is at a premium along with balanced battery life. On a Mac not so, even a Mac portable. Doubling of.... haha seriously not required. ;):D
It is not cost effective considering the cost of the screen, power to run it and the GPU power to handle it all, considering :apple: Eco FootPrint goal. I do not see it happening. It is the resolution for an upcoming 32.5" ACD.
aldejesus
Mar 30, 08:28 PM
Can someone confirm if this preview can be installed on MBP 2011?
Thanks
Thanks
JapaneseMonkey
Mar 29, 09:49 PM
Well screw Japan
now Apple is being ruined by Japanese again ;;
now Apple is being ruined by Japanese again ;;
bella92108
Apr 5, 01:51 PM
Actually, Apple is doing them a favor. That's an ugly, ugly theme.
Look at the "Post your homescreen" thread, lots of tacky people with tacky looking screens. LOL
Look at the "Post your homescreen" thread, lots of tacky people with tacky looking screens. LOL
cube
May 6, 06:30 AM
I'm aware of that, but the last time Intel promised ground breaking CPU technology we ended up with the Pentium 4 and Pentium D series.
No. Their introduction of FinFETs is similar to the edge they had with the high-k metal gate process until not long ago.
No. Their introduction of FinFETs is similar to the edge they had with the high-k metal gate process until not long ago.
addicted44
Mar 29, 09:06 AM
I dont think so, Amazon cannot get the app needed for the streaming/storing of content on your phone or tablet approved in the appstore since. It violates apples terms, if you or anyone else has an issue with it, contact apple.
Amazon Cloud storage app on android scans you sd/local storage for music then allows you to upload it into the cloud. Apple for one wont let another mp3 store on its phones and for 2, apple wont let that service scan for music.
So why is the website blocking access?
That being said, I hope Apple's preview of the future of iOS gets done with all the restrictions after all. Fighting with companies who want to build on your platform is not gonna lead them anywhere.
Amazon Cloud storage app on android scans you sd/local storage for music then allows you to upload it into the cloud. Apple for one wont let another mp3 store on its phones and for 2, apple wont let that service scan for music.
So why is the website blocking access?
That being said, I hope Apple's preview of the future of iOS gets done with all the restrictions after all. Fighting with companies who want to build on your platform is not gonna lead them anywhere.
Lollypop
Aug 3, 02:28 AM
Meron and battery life aside, I will be very very happy if Leopard RULES! Been playing with vista and while the bling is a bit fake it does come across as very smooth at the same time. So here is what im hoping:
Good Apple finances
Excellent intel transition
Update on UB pro apps, maybe a quick chat with MS or Adobe about their progress
Long demo of Leopard and its technologies
> btw< the macbook pro im using runs at 2.33Ghz
Intro of new version of XCode that helps game developers port games and effectively make bootcamp useless for the bulk of people :D
Good Apple finances
Excellent intel transition
Update on UB pro apps, maybe a quick chat with MS or Adobe about their progress
Long demo of Leopard and its technologies
> btw< the macbook pro im using runs at 2.33Ghz
Intro of new version of XCode that helps game developers port games and effectively make bootcamp useless for the bulk of people :D
2 Replies
Apr 26, 02:42 PM
Once again, the seperating into 'smartphone' and 'tablet' markets makes little sense.
As the capabilities of both devices grow we'll soon find that the only difference between the two is screen size.
Do we consider the 13" Macbook to be in a different market than the 15" Macbook Pro? No, they're both laptops.
And thus, everyone will soon wake up and realize that ALL iOS devices should be compared against ALL Android devices. These 'smartphone only' lists may still make sense in but in 2 or 3 years these kind of measurements will be seen as worthless.
Your argument is so inane it's barely worth a reply.
You do realize that not all tablets require a contract, right?
When it comes to laptops, the only thing that's different between a 13" and a 15" will be the screen size. But a tablet and a phone are INHERENTLY different.
My android tablet is wifi only and serves a totally separate function from my iPhone, my windows laptop, my linux server-cluster or my HTPC.
So why should tablets be dumped into the same category as mobile phones? Just because they share a slightly similar form-factor?
What if the next trend in smart phones is a clam-shell form-factor? Or a wearable hud? Or some implantable device?
Similar form factor does not mean their sales figures can, or should be compared.
Apple's to f'n oranges.
You're basically saying ... meh, they're both round and edible so they're the same.
As the capabilities of both devices grow we'll soon find that the only difference between the two is screen size.
Do we consider the 13" Macbook to be in a different market than the 15" Macbook Pro? No, they're both laptops.
And thus, everyone will soon wake up and realize that ALL iOS devices should be compared against ALL Android devices. These 'smartphone only' lists may still make sense in but in 2 or 3 years these kind of measurements will be seen as worthless.
Your argument is so inane it's barely worth a reply.
You do realize that not all tablets require a contract, right?
When it comes to laptops, the only thing that's different between a 13" and a 15" will be the screen size. But a tablet and a phone are INHERENTLY different.
My android tablet is wifi only and serves a totally separate function from my iPhone, my windows laptop, my linux server-cluster or my HTPC.
So why should tablets be dumped into the same category as mobile phones? Just because they share a slightly similar form-factor?
What if the next trend in smart phones is a clam-shell form-factor? Or a wearable hud? Or some implantable device?
Similar form factor does not mean their sales figures can, or should be compared.
Apple's to f'n oranges.
You're basically saying ... meh, they're both round and edible so they're the same.
Raineer
Apr 18, 04:46 PM
They have patents but they HAVE to pursue infringers or they can lose the rights to the patents. That's why you see so many patent lawsuits. Unfortunately, that's just how the system works (in very basic terms).
8 pages and no quotes of this. That's all there is to this, folks...
8 pages and no quotes of this. That's all there is to this, folks...
Wattser93
Nov 28, 10:38 AM
It's convenient. Any time I'm going to transfer media to my Windows machines from my Mac, I run it through the scan on my Mac so I don't spread a dormant virus to my PCs.
wovel
Apr 7, 12:13 PM
Apple is extremely proactive. Which means they have a plan in place. When competition does something good that fits with their plans, then Apple can add it as a line item to their existing plans and assign it to a specific iOS release.
The competition on the other hand is defining their plans and goals completely based on what Apple does or what Apple's critics are saying. They do not have a very long-term vision of where they want to be and are by-and-large reactionary to what Apple is doing.
I will say that Google does indeed have a long-term vision, but not for Android's features. Google's long-term vision is to do anything they can to ensure they sit in between the user and the information on the Internet so they can advertise to them. They see Facebook as a major threat in this regard as well as Apple. Google's long-term plans are being disrupted by these other major players. Android/Honeycomb is a reactionary attempt to correct for some of that.
Good to see some people get it. It is weird how so many people here that think things like the Tab,Xoom, and Playbook will inspire Apple to keep improving. I am not sure how companies that are releasing products that will all be ranked by independent reviewers as similar or inferior to the iPad 1 will inspire Apple to do anything. They can't even inspire consumers to buy them.
The competition on the other hand is defining their plans and goals completely based on what Apple does or what Apple's critics are saying. They do not have a very long-term vision of where they want to be and are by-and-large reactionary to what Apple is doing.
I will say that Google does indeed have a long-term vision, but not for Android's features. Google's long-term vision is to do anything they can to ensure they sit in between the user and the information on the Internet so they can advertise to them. They see Facebook as a major threat in this regard as well as Apple. Google's long-term plans are being disrupted by these other major players. Android/Honeycomb is a reactionary attempt to correct for some of that.
Good to see some people get it. It is weird how so many people here that think things like the Tab,Xoom, and Playbook will inspire Apple to keep improving. I am not sure how companies that are releasing products that will all be ranked by independent reviewers as similar or inferior to the iPad 1 will inspire Apple to do anything. They can't even inspire consumers to buy them.